Just a blog, you know?

02 December 2005

My biggest marriage problem

I think I've worked it out. My biggest temptation in marriage is this - petulance.

By that, I mean this sort of scenario:
  • I like hubby doing A (eg. back massage after a hard day).
  • Hubby hardly ever does A for me.
  • During a particularly dry or stressful spell, I get more and more upset about hubby not doing A when I so obviously need it.
  • I decide that since hubby won't do A for me, I won't do B for him, which he loves.
This seems sort of logical on the surface. The problem is... if both people in a marriage are thinking this way (even subconsciously), it becomes a vicious circle. Soon neither person feels like doing anything for the other. Apathy, resentment and frustration reign.

So... I'm determined not to let this way of thinking into my head over the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home