Just a blog, you know?

09 March 2006

Opened My Eyes

I had a bit of an epiphany at bible study this week.

We're studying James, and without the usual safety blanket of a bible-college-educated person in the room now. So, James 4. One person was giving what seemed to me to be contradictory answers, so me being me, I quizzed him on it.

Hmmm... I think I can be a little too confronting at times. But that wasn't the epiphany. The epiphany was when I realised that to this particular person, maybe 'belief' and 'action' were the same thing (how very Jamesian). And that if he heartily agreed with all of James 4, he'd need to do some major submitting to God.

Switch to me.

Contrast Central. I'm quite happy to 'believe' one thing, and act out another. While 'striving' for the ideal in a vague kinda way, of course.

Who, out of the two of us, is closer to what James was telling us to be?

Ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home