Just a blog, you know?

24 March 2006

Practical Joke?

I think someone's playing a huge practical joke on me!

I decided this week that my job is just stressing me TOO much. So, I reluctantly decided to foray out into the job market again. I knew I was getting underpaid, and figured a $10K payrise might be possible.

An hour after I sent my resume to a recruitment company in reply to a job ad, I got a phone call. They're interested in putting me forward for a couple of jobs, which pay $22K and $30K more than my current one, respectively.

I'm still in shock.

(No, it doesn't mean I'm going to GET either one - but the pay difference! Wowsers!)

Edited to say: The whole reason I posted about this was to ask for prayer. We really need wisdom in deciding what to do over the next few weeks. So far, we've decided that I should apply for both positions. If I get either, we'll need to move within a couple of months of me starting. If I get one of them, we'll need to change churches. If we get the other, it may well point the way to me (or us) getting involved in the Mission Team's Missional Church... because we'd be wanting to move into that sort of area anyway.

My brain hurts.

2 Comments:

Blogger kathryn said...

whoa!!!!

12:52 pm

 
Blogger bec said...

Hey, will be praying for you! May God direct your path and may He find you to be faithful with what He has given you.

1:53 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home