Just a blog, you know?

23 May 2006

Big Issues and Church Collide

So our mate who sells the Big Issue in our upper-class suburb turned up at church for the second time on Sunday. The first time, he sat down next to me, listened a bit, talked to me a bit, then got uncomfortable and left. This time, he sat down for a couple of minutes before telling me he wanted to stay, but couldn't - he needed to talk.

We went outside, and he told me that he was facing the possibility of getting kicked out of his unit, and he was worried about himself and (maybe more important to him) his cat. His unit means a lot to him, as does the cat. So we talked, had a cup of coffee, and sold a couple of copies of the Big Issue. Then I had to leave, and he probably went to the pub.

Now what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home