Just a blog, you know?

27 July 2006

TIRED

When we get right down to it... that's how I feel. Tired. Not depressed, just that my body wants to sleep, and sleep, and maybe just lie on the couch awake for a few hours.

I've had a mantra over the last few weeks - simply this... "Lord, thank you for today". When my only other options seemed to be worry or fake "it'll be OK!" optimism, I fell back on that. I'm not sure where the concept comes from (doubtless some book I read... might even be the bible). But I didn't want to pray, "Lord, make everything OK", because... sometimes he doesn't. And I didn't want to pray, "Lord, thanks for this new family member" when I knew full well there was a good chance the pregnancy would never get that far. So my prayers have often been reduced to, "Lord, thank you for today". I guess it's my way of saying that I have no idea where whatever happened that day fits into a grand scheme, but I have faith that he will bring joy and peace out of it.

"All things work together for good, for those that love God"
(eventually)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home