Just a blog, you know?

22 August 2007

It's been a while

I've been struggling a fair bit.

Not spiritually, so much. I feel as though I'm in a 'leaning' time, where I spend most of my spiritual effort just having quick chats with God and resting in him. No huge spiritual growing going on, just quietly relying on him. And I'm OK with that. Partly because I suspect I'm being taught a far deeper lesson than I realise.

Anyway, onto the struggle and why I haven't been blogging much in the last year or so. I was pregnant last year. Everything went well with bubs, and we now have a 7 month old gorgeous little boy. However, I was diagnosed with a relatively major heart problem - related to the repair of a bigger problem done when I was young. Basically all it means as far as symptoms go, now, is that I'm tired - exhausted! - a lot. In a way, it's been freeing, because when I know what's wrong and understand my limits, I can work with them and with God a lot more effectively. Chances are I've had some symptoms for years, and that's why I've had weird periods of tiredness and apathy. Not depression, after all.

So, that's where I'm at. I'm hoping to get posting on this blog a lot more regularly, as well as revamping StreetWar and setting up a new blogzine for christian women. I'm thinking of opening StreetWar up into more of a discussion forum for people ministering (or wanting to minister to, or support ministry, etc) to the disadvantaged. I think it might help give StreetWar some new life. The blogzine... well, I've been looking around at resources for christian women on the net, and a lot of it is... ummm... a bit too conservative for my liking. We'll see. I'll post a link if and when I get it off the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home